Saturday, May 5, 2007

Is It Warm There In The Magazines?





Still getting rid of a lot of things, paving the way for my new less-cluttered life. I even put some books in a pile of dirt in the house foundation next door, encased in plastic, an odd little throwaway time capsule. About the only shelf remaining intact, although moved around a bit, is that two shelves containing every book, magazine, and comic I've ever been in, along with books by fellow friends and authors Sid Williams, Yvonne Navarro, Brian Hodge, Charles Gramlich, and Marty Mundt. (As can seen by the middle photo, a few books I had to hold onto, if not for sentimental purposes, at least for future research...)

5 comments:

Lucas Pederson said...

Well, one day I hope you throw one of my books in that time capsule, buddy. That is to say if I ever get published, of course. Looking kinda bleak at the moment.
I really need to get rid of some stuff too. My desk it a horror show, even my wife thinks so. I got notebooks, various scarps of paper with half baked story ideas and diskettes scattered everywhere, even on the floor. I'm a mess. (Sigh) oh well. Perhaps some day I will get orginized.

Charles Gramlich said...

If I ever get up that way I'm liable to dig up that book "time Capsule." Kinda cool, though

Anonymous said...

We've been trying to declutter, too. In fact, the whole of Dusty Stacks Bookstore is going to be dismantled. Online bookselling for used small dealers has bottomed out, so there's just no sense in taking up all this room.

James Robert Smith said...

Be careful what you discard, Wayne. As I mentioned before, one can get carried away in a frenzy of cleaning and regret it later. I still wish I'd kept a copy of my Ace Double with CONAN THE CONQUEROR by REH, with a nifty Wally Wood cover. Alas, I sold it.

tkkerouac said...

Have you seen the latest Spiderman movie?