Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Much Better, Thanks




Thanks for all your comments on my last post, everyone. I explained to Etain that I used the wolves metaphor as just being a cool image, in truth my daily life is a constant dog paddle, trying to keep my nose and mouth above water at least 50% of the time. The hexagonal pink pills I take for BPD (thx, Jr., didn't know it had an abbreviation as simple as, say, MS or OCD) really do nothing to stop my physical pain. So (again, referring to Jr's remark) if I were to suddenly go on a rampage, I'd be more like a bulemic zombie than a Viking berserker. The FoxNews cameras woulds be trained on me as I tripped walked right into the reporters because I can't focus out of my right eye, no depth perception. A complete MRI of my body could be made into an interactive video game. Thanks to Charles, because I even learn from what I right (though sometimes I do not listen to what I learn, if this makes sense), and it was good to hear from Stewart after a long absence. Oh, the photos. Right. As you can see, the medical facilities in Tyler, Texas are much more advance than here in Chicago, particularly for a guy with no health insurance. So while Dr. Sid has all the proper tools to give that bearded fellow a bikini wax, I'm left with fellow writer Jeff Osier winning a bet reagarding Richard Denning and John Agar an thus getting his wish to take me into an Oak Park basement and drill a hole into my skull. Fun was had by all. Except maybe Dr. Sid.

8 comments:

James Robert Smith said...

Har!

How much snow you guys getting there in the Chicago area?

I take a little blue pill to keep me from bashing other civilians' brains out. I asked my doctor for this after chasing down two different guys in succeeding weeks and punching them in the face. When my fist met solidly with the head of the second of the two, I suddenly realized the guy wasn't any older than my son (19 or so) and I was horrified into shame.

Haven't felt like punching anyone for months.

Drizel said...

O my word, those are some scary pics....Sid must have been so scared doing a bikini wax on such a hairy man.:)

Charles Gramlich said...

Ah, getting your skull trephined, I see. Those holes are kinda cool. Especially when they dig you up as a fossil in a few million years.

Anonymous said...

Just why is Marty sticking that needle in your pate?

And Hemlockman...we're getting a lot of air-snow, just no snow on the ground, no Frosty-rolling, snowballing snow.

RK Sterling said...

Do they perform labotomies in that basement too? If so, put my name on the sign-in sheet, will ya?

Glad you're feeling better.

Cathy VanPatten said...

Hey, I recognize that photo! And the mug with the big needle! And... isn't that Harry's basement?

Thanks for the blast from the past!

James Robert Smith said...

I recall on old photo of Karl Wagner holding a scalpel or some such instrument to Wayne's skull.

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

A friend of mine named Rick Moore said: "Wayne Sallee, I met him at the MHW thing in Toronto. He was a really nice guy. Crazy. But nice."

I am so frustrated. I was going to go to the affair, but money and schedule didn't allow. Now I'm going to have to wait for some time in the summer to come to Chicago. I want to have a beer at the Red Lion. Maybe I can talk Michael Fountain into joining me on a pilgrimage.