Sunday, April 14, 2013

GHOST SIGNS: 2012

You've probably only seen my postings on Facebook, but I continue to compile photos of ghost signage in Chicago. These are signs that are faded or partially obscured by newer buildings. Many times, it will be an advertisement for a product that no longer exists, or an establishment that no longer exists. I just discovered one last week that has been in full view (for me) for decades, a black on yellow rectangle advertising the long-defunct DAILY NEWS just past the Armitage Avenue el stop for the Brown Line. I just happened to be staring south as the train was moving north. I'll try to get a photo from the Red Line as I head towards Fullerton, and again from street level. Here are some of the photos I took last year.









1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I love the phrase ghost signs. You got some story ideas there man.