Sunday, February 14, 2010

Woodmac Lanes







Just as our movie theaters are disappearing, so are the bowling alleys. Not that I could ever bowl anyways, because of my coordination. But that's not the point. So after I ate my Fat Johnnie's hot dogs, I crossed the street to get the photos of Woodmac Lanes before it, too, is a ghost. I'm sure the bowling pin will go first. You can see where the pin is separated from the main building my a street, my guess is that that used to be the parking lot. The fence is there because there are a lot of cars in the lot for a nearby repair shop. I took the photo of that Impala just because it looked cool sitting where it was.

1 comment:

James Robert Smith said...

The decay is depressing I reckon, if you were a part of it when it was all shiny and new, or at least when it was popular.

One of my favorite places to go was the old PTL CLUB site called Heritage USA. It had been, before that pair of monsters Jim and Tammy Faye Baker fell from grace, the second most popular theme park in the nation. But when PTL crumbled, so did Heritage. It was so much fun to drive around it and see the decay. Where did all of them thar christians go?