Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Universal Monsters Monday V




I had thought it best to save my Universal Monsters Monday for October. And, as you all everybody know from my mass email a few minutes back, I have somehow lost several folders from my C drive. The shit that happens to me, I'll tell ya. Anyhow, the only reason I have these two images is because they were scanned earlier today. See, I have folders, but am missing folders, as well. Crazy, huh?

So...The Invisible Man. Sadly, I know next to nothing about the series of films. I actually know more about The Mummy. Of all the trading cards in the set, TIM has some of the best backside info. One reason I'm not hip to the series is that all of the UM films aired on Creature Features on WGN in the 1970s, Saturday nights at 10 PM. And rarely was The Invisible Man aired, maybe WGN couldn't get their hands on a decent copy. Anyhow. Next week will be The Mummy or Dracula, then after that This Island Earth. Now excuse me while I go weep uncontrollably because my computer has a mind of its own...

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I remember reading Wells' The Invisible man as a kid and many I sure wanted to be invisible.

James Robert Smith said...

Your hard drive went for a ride with a fat guy while you were sleeping.

I never liked the INVISIBLE MAN when I was a kid. There was something over the top about the performance of Claude Rains that I've never liked--not as a kid and not as an adult. So it was never, ever, ever one of the horror movies I'd search through the local TV listings waiting to see. Give me CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, daddy-o. Or even THE CREATURE OF HOLLOW MOUNTAIN. Stop motion dinosaurs were at the top of the list. Invisible men, at the bottom.

Steve Malley said...

There's a lot of compu-mischief going around. My condolences.

For me, the best take on The Invisible Man was done by Italian cartoonist Milo Manera... ;)

Capcom said...

Very nice cards!

Capcom said...

Speaking of stop-motion, they are remaking Ray Harryhausens' "Clash of the Titans" without Ray Harryhausen. How gauche. :-p