Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back On Earth-22






Sorry for the webcam shots, I can't seem to get my new scanner to work. What else is new? I'm not kidding about the multiverse, as these shots illustrate. I hope I am visible between Batman and Wonder Woman in the second shot. Alex Ross was involved with a story to rival WATCHMEN, KINGDOM COME, back in 1996, and you can see me in the crowd scene near the Earth-22 Superman. Long story short, this Superman, in his fifties, has been in Justice Society of America for the last six months and went back to Earth-22 this past week. Alex Ross has said that everything would fit perfectly, in KC#4 an atomic bomb is dropped on the superheroes, killing all but a handful. At the moment of impact, the older Superman was shunted to the Earth-1. When he goes back, he is at that exact moment, and the next few pages are newly drawn but reflect several scenes from KC#4, including the one with me as a member of the United Nations. This may seem like an odd & rambling post for those who do not read comics, but it was like deja vu for me, seeing the scenes leading up to my minuscule appearance. You can see I have a larger image, again as a UN delegate, in an oversized book called SUPERMAN: PEACE ON EARTH. I hadn't expected to see myself again, my Earth-22 self, and I haven't changed a bit. Once I figure out the scanner, I'll post the original page again. But now you know that when I ramble on about Earth-14 and such, I'm not making it up, I'm out there in multiple guises.

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

So, what you're saying is that there are a Web of Waynes out there?

And here I thought the day wasn't going to be scary! ;)

Steve Malley said...

Charles, imagine if one of the parallel-Waynes figures out that by killing the other-Earth Waynes, he can focus all of their powers into a smaller and smaller pool, until in the end, there can be only one.

Imagine how that guy'd write... :)

Capcom said...

Heheh, there can be only one. ;-)

Anyway, I don't know anything about the multiple Earth storyline in the comics, except for what you've mentioned in the blog here. I must look into that soon.

I love the kinds of things that I learn here from you all. I did follow monster movies, comics, scifi, etc., when I grew up as a Boomer, but girls weren't "supposed" to get into comics as heavily as the guys for the most part. You know, we had the Barbies to occupy us. If it wasn't for my older cousin Bill, I'd probably have even less knowledge than I do about comics. So I do love reading these posts and comments here! :-)

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

If you look at the top picture just right, it kind of makes you think of the lead Gremlin.

James Robert Smith said...

Someday, Mort Weisinger will be hailed as a prophet.