Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Reaching My Nadir





A cop friend always says that when he catches a guy whacking off he refers to the perp as "approaching his zenith." Well, tonight, on yet another sub-zero night, the full moon turning orange with the eclipse...the cashier at the White Castle asked me if I wanted the senior discount. Without malice, not a blind person or a maniac. She just said I looked as if I could use a senior discount. Put me in a room with tiny furniture and no shirt. Call me in the spring. Oh, and just because I have no other reason to post it, can anyone tell me why it was so dat-blasted important for Dan Duryea to spend $53.00 on a phone call?...Wayne

5 comments:

James Robert Smith said...

Ah, the days of Ma Bell monopoly!

Steve Malley said...

That's rough.

I have the opposite problem: all these many, many... *many* decades later I'm still not allowed to buy cigarettes or get into R movies without ID...

Anonymous said...

I have always loved the picture of you in that chair. It's hysterical. ::grin::

Stephen Mark Rainey said...

It's just the associations, Wayne. The White Castle lady just said to herself, "Wow, that guy used to write for DEATHREALM back in the day. That would have to make him really old."

That's all it is.

--M

RK Sterling said...

LOL. Aw, Wayne. Heck, I would have taken it - save a bit of money after all. ;)